Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 18, 2009

12 Tone

Now I know I Said MTLM are my favourite band this decade, and they are, but I'm allowed more than one right? Wait, I don't need your  approval.  My Blog, my rules. Losers.

But, I digress...
A few months/years/unspecified time ago i saw a band called The Speakers Corner Quartet (SCQ) at the Jazz Cafe. And they were fucking dope.  Then more recently I saw United Vibrations perform in the Vibe Bar for Heads High.  They were fucking dope too.  As it turns out, both groups are part of a musical extended family called 12Tone, which incorporates them both and contains more stuff I haven't had a chance to look into yet.

I've been doing a little internet research, and pooled some of their best videos on-line for my blog. 

Speakers Corner Quartet @ jazz re:freshed 26.02.09



Speakers Corner Quartet - OneTaste's Festival Video Collection



United Vibrations - Maya




If you've been paying attention, you'll notice the bassist from UV (Kareem) is the Cellist from SCQ.

UNITED VIBRATIONS (SUN) RA!




United Vibrations play sunrise set at Festa Junina '09





 Its fucking typical, that the night they're both playing (tonight)  I have to be somewhere else (Jazz Cafe with the Furious 5), but for those of you not going to Camden ...





No comments:

Post a Comment