Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Snapped in the lock


Got good and fucked up at Sofrtito's Tropical Halloween Sound-clash last Saturday.  I hadn't been out to one of their parties for a while, and it turned out to be another reminder of why their nights getting that cult-ish legendary status.  You just cant argue with a shit hot party.





Adding to my overall enjoyment of the night, was a whole bottle of Patron (its like tequila, but nice), NY Diesel, free spiced rum, enough Efes to submerge a medium sized child in, and the company of some people I haven't seen in a while.  One of them being Ben (Nostalgia77) Lamdin.   Ben keeps busy, so we bump into each-other a couple of times a year, usually in East London, and usually in the company of Nat(ural Self), who still lives in Brighton. For the moment...

Nat's actually coming to the end of a tour of the U.S. (well, more a tour of the coasts), and is hitting San Francisco right about now.  I'm looking forward to hearing how he finds it, as SF is one of my favourite spots out there, and he's linking with some local heads I know.  He's been blogging his way through it, so if you want to know what he's been doing, go here.

Anyway, whilst trawling through my bookmarks of stuff to look at I came across a Wax Poetics post for the Broken Keys project, which for those that don't know - is Nat and Ben, and a link to a mix they did.  Its been about since earlier this year, but I must have missed it. Its called The Elbow Grease and Engine Oil mix, and its essentially a playlist of some stuff that inspired the Broken Keys sound, sort of souly/bluesy -psychadelic-funkrock.

Here it is.

Its just what I needed today

L8r

No comments:

Post a Comment